What is portability?
Mobile number portability is a capability that allows users to use a single mobile number from different mobile operators. In other words, if this service exists, users can change their operator without changing their mobile number. In this case, the user has the ability to use all the services provided in the recipient operator and also the payment tariff of the recipient operator is applied to the user. Having the portability service in mobile operators increases competition among operators and thus improves the quality of services provided at the lower costs.
Range Holder Operator: The operator in which the subscriber has registered for the first time to receive mobile services and has submitted the documents required for authentication and registration to the said operator, and has received the subscription document.
Recipient operator (destination, new): An Operator in which a subscriber of another Operator intends to use its services without changing its number.
Donner operator (origin, the present one): The Operator that a subscriber uses its services when requesting the number portability and intends to use the services of another Operator without changing its number.
Portability ID: The number assigned to each subscriber during a porting, which is for ease of identification and tracking of the porting process.
What you need to know before Porting?
- The Portability process is possible only during the office hours of the mobile number portability system, i.e. Saturday to Wednesday from 8 AM to 5 PM and on Thursdays from 8 AM to 3 PM (except for public holidays). Of course, the subscriber can register his request in non-business hours and days and also in holidays via the portal of the recipient operator.
- The Porting request can be done either electronically or in person (by completing the Porting request form)
- Each subscriber for each mobile number can only port twice a year (of course, returning to the Range Holder Operator is not considered porting).
- The first porting is possible only after 3 months from the time of activation of the SIM card in the Range Holder operator, but there will be no time limit for subsequent portings.
- Since each subscriber in each operator can finally have 10 active mobile phone numbers (both credit and permanent), so in the presence of a real subscriber with 100 active numbers in the Recipient operator, it will not be possible to port his number to the Recipient Operator.
- The porting of the number of the permanent subscribers is subject to the settlement of the initial bill issued by the Donner operator. The permanent subscriber must pay the amount specified in the bill within one working day as soon as he receives the initial bill SMS from the Donner operator. Failure to settle the initial bill by the subscriber within one day will cause the porting request not to be approved.
- It is possible to deactivate the number of permanent subscribers who do not settle the final account with the Donner operator, by the recipient operator (according to Resolution No. 207 of the Commission of the Communication Regulatory Authority
- Credit subscriber number after porting, still will remain as credit and permanent subscriber number after porting, will remain permanent in the recipient operator (portability is possible on a peer to peer basis).
- After porting of the credit number, the subscriber credit in the Donner operator will be zero, so the subscriber must take the necessary precautions before the porting request is finalized.
- After migrating to the network of the recipient operator, all previous services and packages received by permanent and credit subscribers in the Donner operator (including Internet, SMS, etc.), except for bank SMS and governmental services, will be cut off. The subscriber will also benefit from all the services of the recipient operator.
- After the porting, all subscriber call tariffs (including voices and SMS’s) will be calculated based on the tariffs of the destination operator.
- The porting request by the legal subscribers must be announced in the writing form by the authorized signature owners or by the introduced
- representatives of the signatories.
- In case of requesting number portability by legal subscribers electronically, a text message will be sent to the subscriber through the recipient operator, to apply in person to one of the offices of the recipient operator to register the porting request. Failure to submit a joint application for registration in person will mean the cancellation of the porting request.
What to know during porting?
- After completing the porting request form and confirming the announced conditions, the subscriber is waiting to receive the porting confirmation SMS, so after receiving the relevant SMS, he must send number “1” within 24 hours, the failure of the subscriber to act within this time means that he has refused to request the porting of the number.
- Sending a confirmation or non-confirmation SMS by the subscriber is free.
- After sending the porting request, the subscriber request may be rejected for various reasons, which will be notified to the subscriber via recipient operator's portal by different ways such as: subscriber service office or operator contact centers for resolution and re-action.
- After confirming the subscriber porting request by the Donner operator, the recipient operator must deliver the new SIM card to the subscriber before the old SIM card is deactivated by the Donner operator.
- After confirming the SMS and receiving the assigned portability ID by the subscriber, the activation time will take up to 3 days for credit SIM cards and a maximum of 5 days for permanent SIM cards. If the new SIM card with the same number has not been activated yet, the subscriber should contact the support center of the recipient operator.
- During the process and at any time, the subscriber can provide his tracking code, through the portal of the recipient operator, customer service offices or call centers of that operator to know the status (the stage in which the portability is),and to apply his own number.
- It is possible to cancel the porting request before announcing the readiness of the recipient operator to activate (Execution) in the portal of the recipient operator and by using the tracking code (portability ID). To cancel, refer to the portal of the relevant operator or the service office of that operator.
- Any contact of permanent subscribers during the porting request check period, plus costs related to other services (discount packages, etc.) is considered in the final bill.
- This bill will be sent to the subscriber within 1 to 2 months after the porting and the subscriber is required to pay it. Otherwise, the SIM card services in the new operator will be cut off according to the approvals of the commissions.
- From the maximum duration of 2 days and the last 200 minutes of the porting process, to the activation of the subscriber SIM card in the new operator network, international roaming and international calls, will be blocked for the previous SIM card of permanent subscribers.
What to know after portability
- The subscriber must return to the range holder operator to change the ownership of the ported number.
- If the subscriber is inactive for 6 months in the network of the recipient operator for any reason, the range holder operator will have the right to revoke the subscriber privilege and assign the number to other subscribers.