CARIN-HDSL/SDSL is a transmission solution for the loop access network and provides an alternative to E1 lines by supporting a 2 Mbps access over copper loop without the need for repeaters.
The CARIN-HDSL/SDSL solution consists of an HDSL central office terminal (COT) available as both standalone and shelf-based modules, and an HDSL network terminal unit in a remote distribution location (RMT). Each HDSL link consists of two pairs of digital transceivers, connected by two loops (4-wire). The data on both pairs are combined to form an E1 compatible format.
HDSL (High-bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line) SDSL (Single pair Digital Subscriber Line)
- COT and RMT common functions
- Operates at an error rate less than 10E-7 in compliance with test sequence for performance testing on ETSI ETR-152.
- Full automatic start-up process in compliance with ETSI ETR-152
- HDSL performance monitoring on each end with logging/reporting facilities via PC-based maintenance software.
- Supporting un-structured (D2048U) or structured (ITU-T G.704) E1 signals
- Allows for faster and easier deployment of E1 services.
- Optimum performance and low noise on loop bridging taps
- Eliminates the need for mid-span repeaters
- Services all loops adhering to digital local loop guidelines
- On/Off Power switch to shut off both DSL & 48VDC
- One pair (1/E1) SDSL 1168 kbps operation
- Channel blocking (CH0 … CH31)
- PC-based maintenance software to adjust settings, monitor and log alarms
- Power feed or local supply
- LDC panel
- Self test, loops, E1, alarms, power & loopback LEDs.
- Various E1 settings: FAS, FAS-CRC, FAS-CRC4, FAC-A&E
- HDB3 & AMI line codes
- Various loopbacks: DSL LPB, RMT LPB, PCM LPB, Analog LPB, Dual LPB